Are service payments made to an exempt hospital reportable? I verified their 501(c) 3 status. We pay for drug and vision screenings on a monthly basis.


No, service payments to tax exempt organizations, including 501(c)3s, are not reportable. See Instructions for Form 1099-MISC, page 2 “Exceptions.”

Have more questions? Submit a request