We had a golf outing for our company. Is the outing taxable? Does the golf club get a 1099 if they are not a corporation?


Yes, you should provide the golf club with a 1099-MISC for the event with the total payment amount reported in box 7. The 1099-MISC instructions state that you must report payments for services made in the course of your trade or business. As a business, you paid the golf club for the services of putting together a golf event for your employees. If the club is not incorporated and the amount paid exceeds $600, you must report in box 7.

Have more questions? Submit a request