Whether a land purchase option is exercised or not, are any and all payments reportable to the land owner for outright purchase? Do we report that on a 1099-MISC?


Yes, an outright land purchase is reportable, but on form 1099-S.  See IRS Instructions for Form 1099-S.

Have more questions? Submit a request