Should mental health counseling be reported on a 1099-M as medical services, even for corporations?


Yes, the payment for mental health counseling is considered medical health care services, reportable on the 1099-MISC in box 6 to the corporation, according to IRS information reporting specialist Mr. McLaughlin, ID# 1002957178.

Have more questions? Submit a request