We paid relocation expenses to a moving company for an employee of an affiliated company. Is this reportable on the 1099-MISC, Other box, even though it was paid directly to the moving company?


According to IRS information reporting specialist Mr. McLaughin (ID#1002957178), you should issue the 1099-MISC to the moving company.

Have more questions? Submit a request