We have a contract employee asking for reimbursement for mileage of more than the standard rate. The standard expense is billable to a client. Do we have tax reporting obligation if we reimburse our employee for the difference?


Yes, if you reimburse above the IRS rate, any amount over that rate must be reported as income to the employee.

Have more questions? Submit a request