We make payments to hotel properties we own to reimburse funds they paid contractors for insurance claim repairs. These payments don't require 1099 reporting, correct?


You are correct, provided that you are reimbursing only the cost of remediation, and there is no punitive damage award involved. See IRS Instructions for Form 1099-MISC, page 6.

Have more questions? Submit a request