Concerning disregarded entities: I have a W-9 for a company that is an LLC. The tax ID provided is a social security number. I have flagged as 1099-reportable. Is this correct?


You are correct.  LLCs may fall in any number of tax classifications. Only those that are corporations (S or C) are exempt from reporting. Sole proprietors and partnerships are reportable.  If the W-9 has a social security number as the tax ID, the payments are reportable.

Have more questions? Submit a request