If my firm pays royalties to a company that is a corporation (INC), should we send a 1099?


No, your company is not required to submit a 1099-MISC for royalties paid to a corporation, according to Miss Tennett (#10013007512) at the IRS help line. Royalties are not one of the six types of payments that are required to be reported to corporations.

Have more questions? Submit a request