Should an S Corporation receive a form 1099-MISC, or is it exempt?


Payments to an S Corporation are generally not reportable. The exceptions are medical payments or attorney payments. Otherwise, you do not issue a 1099 for payments to S corporations. We confirmed this with IRS information reporting services agent Mr. Nevin (ID# 1005946).

Have more questions? Submit a request