In situations where two separate companies are reported with the same EIN--if I am reporting a corporation with multiple agencies, but are submitting the same EIN, do I need to report these amounts together?


I spoke with IRS information specialist Ms. Tennett (ID #1001307512), and she stated that if you are paying several “DBA” divisions of a company with a single EIN, regardless of how the checks were made out, you need to supply a single 1099 form for the aggregate total in the name of the parent company associated with that EIN.

Have more questions? Submit a request