Do businesses still need to file form 165 with the state of Michigan for tax year 2016?


Form 165, "Annual Return for Sales, Use and Withholding Taxes," is outdated, as I was told by Karen at the Michigan Department of Treasury. Instead, you will need to file new Form 5081 to report sales and use taxes collected in 2016. She did advise that you may use Form 165 to report taxes collected for years 2014 and earlier, if you still need to do that. However, for state reporting for years 2015 and later, you’ll need to use the new form.

Have more questions? Submit a request